Thursday, June 14, 2012

thrifty thursday

I like to wear leggings with long shirts and dresses. It's a very comfortable outfit that is suitable for my work environment, but it's hard to find shirts that are long enough! I did some searching for tutorials that would show me how to make some long shirts and after watching a few videos on youtube here's what I came up with.  


Took one of G.'s shirts (x-large tall)
 Cut up the sides and along the sleeves. 
Then sewed a seam all along the cut with my sewing machine. 
The first attempt was way too tight, but the second fit great! 

The way I cut the sleeves made for a 3/4 length which is perfect for my work where it has a tendency to get chilly. The patch was another t-shirt that was too small for me so I cut out the cute design and sewed it onto this shirt/dress/tunic thingy to make it a little more interesting. I am realizing now that I need to wear a black tank or something under this so the top of my leggings isn't visible, other then that I'm really happy with how it turned out. The best part.... It was free!!! Did't cost me a .00$. I think I will be making more of these and maybe even do some freezer paper screen prints on the front. 
This was the tutorial that helped me the most:

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see it worked out for you!
    My sewing attempts are disasterous, so I keep on keeping on. ^^

    ReplyDelete