Thursday, June 23, 2011
My morning walks and hikes offer me a moment of peace. I'm fortunate to have avaiable to me such beautiful examples of the wonder of nature right out my front door. Here are a few things that caught my eye as I wandered past, hope whoever happens to stumble upon this blog enjoys the fruit of my menaderings...
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
This weekend we did a bit of time traveling. Every year, during the first and second weekends of June there is a Renaissance fair at Camp Richardson, Lake Tahoe. This year I somehow persuaded a few friends to join me, lucky for me they brought their cameras!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Last class was today! I aced my final and now I'm ready to get going on my summer to do list. Not all of the things on the list are projects to be finished, some are just things I would like to accomplish.
The list (will post before pictures on some of the projects soon):
1. Refinish my dresser
I bought this dresser years ago and have always intended on giving it a new look. This will
be the summer it finally gets done!
2. Embroider some of the very cute designs in my new pattern book
Maybe some pillows or art for my walls, who knows?
3. Finish one of the millions of short stories that I have started wrighting and never got around
thinking up an ending to.
4. Read or listen to (audio books are amazing!) at least 20 books, try to include some classics
5. Finish sewing the curtain for the bathroom that I bought the supplies for when I first moved
6. Take S. to Nevada City and have Mac and Cheese at Ike's Cafe
7. Go Camping!!!
8. Take a road trip to Ashland with Jessie and enjoy some Shakespear
9. Set up a work space in my new place with a table tall enough to work standing up
10. Make a bench so I can sit in the perfect morning sunlight right outside my front door
11. Find the perfect pair of boots for fall
This is just what I've come up with so far. Trust me there will be more!
I am a list maker and proud of it!!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
The end to an old life, beginning a new. Not a new me, just slightly adjusted, and I hope a little wiser.
One more class and then summer break, so I will be giving anyone who happens by a little more info on my and my life in future postings.
Wish me luck!